06 August 2010

My new blog

So i've been wanting to do this for a while, but it has been shelved alongside many other ideas i wanted to get to work on. Today is the first day.

I'm not sure what this blog will consist of entirely, or if there will be a certain theme to it, but i will start it nonetheless.

Now for an introduction:

My name is Graham, and i'm a geek :)

I'm not the typical loner, acne faced, no social skills, never had a girlfriend, only watches Star Wars type of geek, i'm more the type of person that makes technology work for me. I like gadgets, and blinking LED's. I like keeping up with the phone wars, format wars, and console wars. I am a PC, Windows 7 was my idea. I am also an Android fan. I DO NOT like Apple's velvet prison. I am also a gamer. I do play WoW, and yes, spending a weekend at a LAN Party IS better than a weekend drinking.

But thats just me.

I work as a System's Administrator for EC English Language Centres, and its probably one of the best jobs i've had. I'm really lucky to have a great boss and a fantastic team to work with. We are based in Malta, and remotely take care of all our centres in Europe, South Africa and the US. Its not an easy job, but we get to play with the latest of technologies and really push the envelope when it comes to making stuff work for our incredibly demanding users. I've been here for just under 4 years, and have a feeling i'll be here for a while longer.

The other part of my lifestyle is my bike. I love 2 wheels. I really do. I think riding a bike is the closest you can feel to flying without actually being in the air. Its about the freedom. Its about not living in a box all the time. Its about taking chances and being alert. I must admit, riding a bike in Malta is probably more dangerous than Bruce Willis' scene with the placard in Die Hard. I have nothing against black people!! But the roads in Malta are terrible, the driving in Malta is even worse. So everyday brings new challenges and some very close calls that would be easily placed in one of those "horrible accidents caught on camera" videos on youtube :P

Well, i think thats enough of an introduction for now, i'll do my best to keep this blog alive!

See you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment